Account Manager - London and New York
London and New York | Closing date
We’re looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our team in our London or NY office.
- You will have a strong background in communications, specifically developing creative and media strategy driven by data science, consumer insights and an understanding of creative process and media planning and activation. You will combine innovative thinking with best practice approaches to help take projects from conception to launch and beyond. In return we can offer you the chance to work on a range of unique and rewarding projects with the potential for international travel.
- You will be comfortable working across the commercial, social and political divisions of the company, coordinating and helping teams design and deliver profitable, effective and achievable projects for a range of international clients that use data science, market research, creative and media to drive communications programs.
- You’ll be responsible for managing the delivery of client projects, which will require collaboration across the company’s divisions, but particularly those groups charged with developing and implementing the creative and media solutions for the client. You will interact directly with clients at a senior level.
- You will have excellent client relationship skills and the ability to identify and nurture sales opportunities with the clients you will be working with. You will be conversant with the technical details and complexities of our offer and be able to lead conversations covering these topics with your clients.
- You will be highly organised and be skilled at collaborating with individuals with different skills sets so that projects progress seamlessly across the company’s departments. You will ensure that staff working on the project in different departments are responsive to project developments and can deliver effectively.
- Working the various departments in the company, but, in particular, the creative and media teams, ensure that creative strategy is used to drive effective creative and media planning and activation.
- Engage with sales to help guide the proposal development process and, drawing on the expertise of the data science, psychology, market research, creative and media teams, provide input to proposal development process.
- Manage personal and commercial relationships with prospective and existing clients. Look for opportunities to nurture, retain and upsell existing client relationships.
- Develop a sufficient understanding of the technical and contextual aspects of the company, in particular our data science capabilities such that you will be able to lead and consult to your clients on these topics.
- Deliver projects on time, within scope and within budget.
- Demonstrate a proactive and positive approach to interactions with colleagues.
- Successfully manage internal technical resources and teams.
- Create and manage relationships with external suppliers and subcontractors.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to supporting adherence to internal processes and procedures across the company.
Skills and Abilities
- Marketing and/or more broadly, business background educated to degree level or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Deep knowledge of marketing and communications and how data science can drive these solutions.
- Proven and excellent project management skills.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to identify and nurture sales opportunities at the client.
- The ability to create and implement project management processes and structures that will increase the efficacy of project delivery in a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Experience working in a communications agency that delivers data science driven digital client solutions.
- Experience in mentoring and managing others in a communication project team.
- Proven experience in successfully managing a range of complex projects in the role of a Communications Account Manager.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org