Research Manager - London / New York
London / New York | Closing date
We are looking for a Research Manager to join our team in London or New York.
To undertake quantitative research design, management and analysis. To support the Head of Research, and work on both autonomous and collaborative projects. To provide either political polling or commercial market research domain expertise.
- Designing, scripting and overseeing the execution of quantitative research projects with a focus on either political polling or commercial market research.
- Design and cost research for proposals.
- Liaise with suppliers, including research panels and call centers.
- Contribute to proposal construction (including preliminary research design) and participate in pitches as needed.
- Work with Project Managers and Data Scientists to support and inform modelling and analysis.
- Contribute to the design and write-up of reports and/or briefing packs.
- Supporting internal research and development initiatives.
- Development of internal processes.
- Training colleagues from other business units in research methodology.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of research design in terms of design of base sizes, sample frames, etc. and timeframes needed to execute.
- Ability to write strong and robust questionnaires across a range of methodologies.
- Experience managing quantitative fieldwork with complex quota structures, including managing supplier relationships.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in data interpretation and reporting of results, including presentation to clients.
- Strong statistics and related quantitative data analysis skills. Experience in data analysis with R or Python a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working with databases. A working knowledge of SQL desirable.
- Experience in (or at least an interest in) qualitative research.
- 2-5 years of experience in either political polling or commercial market research
- Experience with qualitative research design and execution, including ad/message testing and focus groups, a plus
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field preferable (i.e. business, psychology or sociology) is desirable
Please apply by sending your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org